Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas


It's that time of year again--my most favorite day of the year. I love Christmas. Well, I guess what I really love is the anticipation. Christmas Day is always a little melancholy for me--the season is over and the spirit that exists so abundantly between Thanksgiving and Christmas becomes something that I have to search for the remaining 11 months of the year.

It has been a wonderful but hard year in many ways. I am ever grateful for the peace of the gospel. It is the only true solace in a world fraught with trials and heartache. What a blessing to end our year with the celebration of a baby boy, born to be the Savior of all mankind.

Our family continues to grow and change. It is exciting to have all of our children eagerly anticipating Santa this year. With Andrew being 7, I'm very aware that this may be the only year all of our children are old enough to understand, and young enough to believe. (One could hope he'll be slow to catch on and I can eek out another year or two!) When they are finally old enough to know, I think I may have to borrow someone else's young children. I love playing Santa--and I love the magic in their eyes when they truly believe.

So, I'm off to put the Wassail on to simmer for the night, prep the cinnamon rolls for Christmas breakfast, and fill the stockings with care.

May you be blessed with an abundance of the Christmas spirit and the love of our Savior Jesus Christ.

From our family to Yours-- "Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!"

Love The Peacock Family

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Scott believed until about age 11, for two reasons. First, mom and dad would never buy something so nice. Second, the meterologist (his hero) tracked Santa on radar, and he wouldn't lie.