Saturday, September 22, 2012

Home Again, Home Again

After nine long days back in the hospital, we are finally back home tonight. 

A week and a half ago, we had to call in a weekly weight check to the GI. We got a nice return phone call back that basically consisted of, "pack your crap and report for your prison sentence."

So we did. The babies and I had an extended stay in our not so luxurious "vacation suite" while Colonel Mustard did an amazing job at home as Mr. Mom and house keeper--Me thinks I'll hire him permanently.
Allison chillin'

Happy Katlyn

The very condensed version of the last nine days:
During our stay in the pokey, we fed Katlyn, fed her some more, and fed her some more. She decided to begin projectile vomiting at us. We fed her less. She did better. She pooped. She pooped some more--but never the same way twice. It smelled really bad-- like clear the room bad. She gained weight, She gained more weight, lost some and gained some more. We had her scoped. The scope showed even after 5+ weeks with no food, there was obvious damage to the esophagus and the stomach. We will await biopsy results--which may or may not mean anything given the amount of time with no protein exposure. We ran blood work, peed in a cup again, and came home- finally breaking the 8 pound mark (good thing-- she will be 6 months on Friday and psychologically, I needed her to be at least 8 lbs by then or I thought I may lose my mind.)
The kids- getting to visit.
Allison happy to see the crazies again.

That's it in a nutshell. I'm grateful for her doctors and especially all the wonderful staff at Children's. I hope we can get to the bottom of her problems soon and get her all straightened out. For now, we will enjoy being back home together as a family and be thankful for our problems--I met so many others who are in a far worse predicament than us.

 Be grateful for your mouthy, obnoxious, whiny, needy, fighting, disobedient, HEALTHY children.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you posted an update. I was just asking Nathan yesterday if he had any news on you. I glad you are back home. I hope Kaitlyn keeps gaining weight. detgth