Thursday, December 19, 2013

Graduation

Yesterday was Colonel Mustard's Graduation! (last one we hope--I don't think any of us have the patience for a doctorate degree--eek!)

 Colonel Mustard and I were married young, had kids young, and kind of did stuff backwards. Would I change it? No, I wouldn't. Why? We have worked hard, together, amid much adversity to be where we are. There have been no handouts, very little help from outside sources and no one to lean on but each other. We are not special. We are not affluent. We have no position of power or influence in our community, family or church. But we have a little family that we love and are trying to raise and provide for--and that is special to us--and worth hard sacrifices.

 Colonel Mustard's wise uncle once told me that we were doing things the right way. We placed our priorities on the things the Lord wanted us to do--he said everything else would come--even if it was hard. I'm certain he doesn't remember, but we had that conversation about 9 years ago. Now I can't speak to whether or not it was the "right way," but it was the way, and the circumstances for us. So yesterday, Colonel Mustard accomplished a goal we have worked and sacrificed dearly for. And while I'm certain the rough going is not over, it was so nice to celebrate the end of One long road for our little family.

It was like pulling teeth to get him to stand here for this picture!

Not our best picture-we look tired and over it--we are!

Colonel Mustard with all his other "Accomplishments."

Can't wait until the actual diploma arrives so we can find a place to hang it and his bachelor's diploma up!

And just had to throw this pic in here of Colonel Mustard going for a walk with "Linus" always dragging her snugglie behind.

1 comment:

AMiller said...

Congratulations!! I don't know what else to say, except I think you guys are amazing people and strong and dedicated and wonderful.