Friday, May 23, 2014

Last Day

Last Day of School is here yet again.

Last Day Of Kindergarten.

Last Day of Second Grade.

Last Day of Elementary School. 

First and last days of a school year are always a hard reminder for me of just how fast it all goes, and how limited my time is with these great kids. Another milestone met. While I do love to see them grow and become who their Father in Heaven intended them to be, it is bittersweet because it all happens so quickly.

As we all lined the halls of the school today for the 5th grade clap-out, I happened to be standing in the kindergarten hall with Ava. Next to me was another 5th grade Mom, and beside her was a Kindergarten Mom. As soon as the 5th graders passed our end of the hall, the Kindergarten Mom commented to her son,

"You just barely started elementary school and they are already done. That will be you in a lot of years!"

The other Mom turned to her and said,

"It will happen so fast you won't even know it. It's here and over before you realize it got away from you, and you wonder where the time went."

Couldn't have said it any better myself. We were those Kindergarten Moms just a minute ago.

In a blink, Andrew will be graduating from High School-this I have been told by so many parents and I know, without a doubt, they are right. The good news is--I didn't cry today! (ok I did...several times. But at  least not in front of him!)

And for good measure, the little ones wanted their picture taken too.

The Aspiring Grade Schoolers!
( I know, I know- that will happen in a half a blink.)


No comments: