Sunday, May 18, 2014

Paid


This is a picture of the last medical bill I paid. Yeah, I know. It's not very exciting. But for us it was-- because it marks the end of a very long and expensive train of medical bills. Certainly it will not be the last medical bill we owe--not by a long shot. It is however the first time in 6 years that I will not be making regular monthly payments toward Ava and Katlyn's medical accounts.

When I stop and think about it, we have been truly blessed to be able to pay those medical bills. We have met out of pocket maximums on our insurance every year for the last 6 years. We have written off medical expenses on our taxes all of those years as well. I would sit down and pull all our tax records and see exactly how much that is, but I think I would just die if I saw an actual precise dollar amount.

 I now realize Colonel Mustard is right. We could trade those two in for a brand new Porsche!!! Haha! We could never put a price on their health or their life but I'm not gonna lie--them girls have been expensive!

Needless to say, I have never appreciated the word "PAID" as much as I did when I opened this bill. Here's praying we can keep our kids "paid off" for at least a little while!

No comments: