Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas



The best day of the year has come and gone again. The kids are all in bed, dreaming of sugar plums--or monsters-- or something like that!

 This Christmas for us has been quite different from any in the past. We are living out of boxes and in major transition. I feel a little lost without a home on Christmas, but all will be well. This I know because my Savior lives.

 What a sweet reminder this Christmas season--to know that he loves each and every one of us. His love is constant and unchanging--no matter where we may be in our lives. When the shepherds were told of the holy birth that first Christmas night, they wasted no time in seeking the Christ child. I wondered tonight, as I read the Christmas story--do I promptly seek the things that Christ would have me do?  I sometimes fall short, but I know on a daily basis, I am reminded of the need to seek him and do as he would have me do.

It is always sad to leave this season behind because the spirit of Christ is so real during the Christmas season.  Even in the hustle and bustle of the holidays, his light can be found everywhere. How grateful I am that he was born a precious baby, and died for each of us, that we might live with him again.

Merry Christmas to you and yours. May you be blessed by the gift of Christ this Christmas.

Love The Peacock Family

No comments: