Thursday, November 12, 2009

Faith and Prayers


First I apologize for the quality of the image. This was the only picture I had on my computer, and for those of you who don't know my brother Kirk, I wanted you to be able to put a face with the person you are praying for.

Yes, this post is for the purpose of soliciting your faith on behalf of my family once again. It seems the Lord is testing our faith on a continual basis. While I am grateful for the spiritual presence in my life, I must constantly remind myself that the Lord has a purpose in all he does. I may not understand it now, but when I feel overwhelmed I must only find faith and the rest will be provided for me.

My brother Kirk, husband to one amazing woman, father to 5 beautiful children, and resident family comedian, ( #8 of 13) has recently been diagnosed with cancer. I waited to post until we had more information regarding his treatment and prognosis, and now we do. We have found out that his cancer has metastasized to multiple parts of his body and traditional treatment plans are not an option at this point. An estimation from his doctors is a year to live.

I am here once again, asking for your faith and prayers on behalf of him and his family. We are all aware and believe that the Lord will take him home when he sees fit, but we also recognize that we cannot give up--for we know not his purposes or the miracles he has in store for each of us.

Please pray for his continued strength and that of his family. I would ask that you especially pray for his son, Cameron. He is preparing his mission papers at this time, and I can only imagine the heavy weight that rests on his young shoulders as he bears a great priesthood responsibility for his mother and 4 younger sisters.

I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives, for our knowledge in his plan makes all the difference. Thank you, and may you be blessed as your faith will bless others.

5 comments:

Jaime said...

wow, we will definitely pray for their/your family. That is really tough! I couldn't even imagine.

Donna said...

I am so sorry...can't imagine a father or mother leaving their children behind at such a young age. We all continue in faith though. We will pray for your brother.

Wendy said...

I'm sorry Kristin. It seems your family has been hit with more than your fair share of trials lately. You and your brother will certainly be in my prayers.

Missy said...

Wow, I will be praying for your brother. Sarah is often in my prayers and thoughts. I am sorry your family is going through all these trials.

Karen Hail said...

Hi Cousin! I came across your blog via Tom and Laura's. I am so sorry to learn about Kirk! Ben and I will keep him in our prayers for sure! We love you guys and your family.
Karen