Monday, December 21, 2009

Frustration

A really tasteless joke (trying to stir up some controversy). Remember the Helen Keller jokes- (Bad, all of them) How do you torture Helen Keller? Put her in a round room and tell her to sit in the corner. Not nice at all, but it's how I feel today. I'm stuck in a round room with idiots telling me to sit in the corner, but I'm quite certain I haven't found a corner yet, and less certain that any exist.

Every doctor I speak to has a new opinion -they are right, I am wrong-that other doctor over there is wrong, but he said she was wrong. And yesterday you were suppose to know what you were talking about, but today you don't remember what happened-- and this doctor overrides that doctor's decision, but that doctor is out of the office... (are you frustrated yet?-- Yeah, me too!)

I have accepted that my child is a freak of nature, but is it too much to ask for one appointment where all her doctors sit down and explain to eachother what they know, how she should be treated, and most of all who the heck I'm suppose to talk to when she's a freak show next time? Apparently so, because they all have to collect their share of my insurance money, and it would just be too productive to actually agree and what should be done for her.

Four days out from a bad reaction and the allergist says she can't still be reacting- something else is wrong. ER doctor says nothing else is wrong- she is just still reacting. I'd call her pediatrician, but he has already admitted his ignorance and at least isn't afraid to tell me she is beyond his expertise. Now I'm sick from worrying about it, and I lost my voice and can't talk to anyone else.

I think I'll go watch "Christmas Vacation" now so Chevy Chase can scream my frustration!


3 comments:

AMiller said...

Just for kicks you should find another doctor to contradict all the rest.
Hang in there. Thinking of you often. I wish I was around.

Wendy said...

(((HUGS))) I'm sorry Ava's doctors can't get on the same page. I can't even imagine how frustrating this must be.

The Bryant's said...

That really sucks. I hate getting the run around and it must be even more annoying when you are talking about your child's health. I hope they get things figured out soon.