Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas

My Christmas letter,
A year in review,
Our kids- they grew,
And grew, and grew!

Like my poem? I should write greeting cards for a living- NOT! I really don't have much of a letter to write this year- this blog is my letter-- and pretty much sums up the year in our family.

We did an advent of the Savior's life and mission this year. Tonight, we ended with the second coming and the story of his birth. I hope that my children, as little as they are, were able to grasp the meaning of the season a little bit better!

I love Christmas! I love the lights, the music, the cookies, the shopping, the decorations, and the general spirit all around. For me, it culminates on Christmas Eve. I love the traditional reading of the the Christmas story in the bible. Something about sitting as a family, reading the account of the birth of Christ, and wondering what it must have been like to be sitting out in a field, watching one of the greatest events in history unfold before your very eyes-- Awesome!

I am so grateful for the quiet birth of a baby boy more than 2000 years ago. I am grateful for his life, his death, and most grateful to know that he will come again. May we be as those shepherds  in the fields that night-- ever ready to meet our Redeemer. 

Merry Christmas from our little family-- to yours!

Love,
The Peacocks




Sorry we didn't get a better picture. Ava was more interested in her slippers--and Ethan more interested in Ava. At least Andrew cooperates--for pictures anyway!

No comments: