Sunday, October 17, 2010

I know my name

I love when little kids start to carry on conversations with you. Ava is at that magical age where she talks, and talks, and talks some more. And most of what she says right now is really cute--and we've been enjoying it before the real talking (back talking) begins.

And in all of her talking, she has let us know she understands just who she is.

Daddy: Ava, how old are you?

Ava: I two!

Daddy: What's your name?

Ava: Rella!

30 mins. later--just to see if she had a memory lapse and really does know her real name.

Daddy: Ava, how old are you?

Ava: I two!

Daddy: What's your name?

Ava: I Rella!

Well, there you have it-- you can name your kid whatever you want but they don't have to acknowledge it as their name. It's time to get ready for bed and I have to go get hmm hmm...Cinderella in her jammies!

No comments: