Sunday, December 28, 2008

An attitude of Grattitude


Ethan is the resident optimist at our house, and with that optimism, I believe, comes gratitude. He finds a little more sunshine in life and and is genuinely glad to have it. This attitude has spilled over into his prayers and it is quite cute to see what he'll come up with each night. For the most part, he prays by himself and I oftentimes have to hide my giggles at the cute things he prays for.

An example of his latest: We had been out running errands and took the boys to Moe's for dinner. They had quesadillas and chips with salsa and queso dip. We got home later that night and Ethan said his prayers.... "Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this day. Thank you for the drinks, and chips, and quesadillas, and to dip it in two kinds."

I'd love to tell you the rest of the prayer, but I don't remember it. I was trying not to laugh. Nothing like a 3 year old to make you realize how ungrateful you are for the little things. Though I'm dying to know-- would he have mentioned dinner if there was only one kind to dip it in!?

No comments: