Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas


I thought it appropriate to post a Merry Christmas to all our family and friends today. I know everyone doesn't get a card, and those of you who did know I didn't write anything! I'm not big on writing a yearly newsletter ( If you write one- please send it- I love to read everyone else's!), so this post will have to do.

The boys are growing and growing. Although they drive us crazy sometimes with their energy, we love them dearly and see great potential in their little spirits.

Andrew has really taken to school and is excelling. His teacher struggles to keep up with him, but I guess that is a good thing. I must admit it was a struggle for me to let go and realize my first baby was big enough to be in elementary school. I remember Byron and I driving him to school that first day. I knew I was within hours of having Ava and didn't know where the last five years had gone. I t seemed like yesterday we were heading to the hospital to have him!

Ethan has grown into the big brother role quite nicely. He has always been a mama's boy and that hasn't changed, but he has graciously stepped aside and allowed Ava to be the new baby in the family. I am ever grateful for his more laid back personality. I often times look back when I am driving and see him holding Ava's hand on the way. Sooo cute and so sweet! He can't wait to be big enough to ride the bus and go to school like Andrew. I think he gets bored at home with the girls sometimes!

We feel very blessed to have Ava added to our family this year. It was definitely a challenging year for me making that happen! I guess I learned a measure of endurance, but I'm sure Byron and the boys would join me in hoping that is not a trial we have to endure again. Actually , I still sometimes feel like slapping a happy pregnant woman, but I'm getting over it! A heartfelt thank you to all who fasted and prayed on Ava's behalf when she finally did arrive. You never expect to have a full term baby spend the first week of their life in NICU. We felt uplifted and supported by the faith of our family and friends in that trying time, and are grateful that her condition improved without medical intervention. Though she is small, she is doing well and is a special spirit in our home.

Well, I must finish this up, Santa is needing Mrs. Clause to start wrapping for the big morning. The kids are in bed waiting for dreams of sugar plum fairies. To quote my favorite Christmas poem, "Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night."

Love The Peacocks

No comments: