Friday, November 5, 2010

Corn and expensive jewelery

Random combination I know, but our day started with the former and ended with the latter. Ava's scope last week was clean! Yeah!!! So, for the next couple of months we are trialing corn!

 We left the doctor's office and went and got kettlecorn. Yum! I think we'll have corn on the cob for dinner and grits for breakfast--just because it's so much fun to eat corn. and let's throw in a little corn syrup for the fun of it. Maybe I'll feed it to her straight out of the bottle...just beacause I can! (Let's hope it doesn't backfire on me).

In 2-3 months she'll be scoped again and if it's clean--we get to keep corn! Corn,corn, corn!! I never knew I could get so excited about corn! I just want to say corn!

Well...that was annoying wasn't it?

 So on to my non-frugal spending this week. I spent $40 on a bracelet for a 2 year old. Yeah, we know how to spoil 'em don't we. Too bad it comes with a pretty red cross and is not particularly stylish. Ava's doctor was harping on me again today, so I decided I had to get it ordered. But for real--$40??  Merry Christmas Ava--Santa got you this shiny silver plaque bracelet. And by the way, you have to wear it even if you don't want to. And sorry about the doll--your stylin' new bracelet used up the budget- it'll have to wait 'til next year.

2 comments:

AMiller said...

Medical devices are such a racket!

And I love corn, too. It is so easy to find wheat food substitutes if you can eat corn. Congratulations, Ava. Here is hoping for a clean scope!

Brenda said...

Do you know there are now medical alert bracelets that hold a flash drive? Seems that would be useful for Ava and all her allergies. Would be useful for her Uncle Bob, also!