Thursday, February 17, 2011

We need out

Andrew, my oldest, my child born in Arizona not Georgia, my un-redneck kid, my son with no former speech issues(who has taken his mother's habit of correcting people's English).....has crossed over.

This morning he was telling me about some girl in his class at school and (forgive me I wasn't really paying attention- just saying uh-huh, uh-huh) how she was doing something with her Valentines.

All of a sudden, the unthinkable happens. He says, "Then, she was fixin' to hand out her Valentines...."

"She was what?!!!" I ask. "She was fixin'??"

Very matter-of-factly, as if he had said nothing out of the the ordinary, he says, "Yeah, she was fixin' to and then...."

"Mom? Why are you laughing? I didn't even tell you what happened yet?"

"Forgive me son. I'm fixin' to find a moving truck for ya'll, cause you don't right speak a lick o' proper English!

1 comment:

Faith Peacock said...

You should move back here!