Tuesday, April 15, 2014

On my Mind...and in my Heart.


I'm late posting this, but we've had to get settled in a hurry and wait for all things internet to be reestablished.

The last month has been one of the hardest of my life. So many things happening. So much uneasiness about the future. So many heartbreaking decisions to be made. And while it was hard to get through, I recognize that the in the future, I will draw on this time in my life for strength to push through other trials.

I wanted to share a special experience I had a little over a month ago. It happened on the day our house went under contract. That was a very busy day with a lot of back and forth between us and the buyer, other people looking at the house, tons of phone calls, errands, and interviews. By the time we signed the final contract I was spent. I had cried a good portion of the day, feeling torn between the blessing of selling the house and struggling with the emotions of signing a contract on a house we didn't really want to sell. We had felt what we were doing was right but felt so lost in what it was the Lord wanted us to do with our family. That night we sat down with the kids to do our usual scripture and thought. This was the thought out of our book dated March 11th.

Though you sometimes may not be able to see the way, know that your Father in Heaven will never forsake His righteous followers. He will not leave you comfortless. He will be at your side, yes guiding you every step of the way.
Joseph B. Wirthlin

No coincidence about this thought--it was definitely meant for us, on this day. After reading it I felt deeply impressed that what we had suspected, and moved toward for the last year, was indeed true. It was time for our family to leave our beloved Georgia.

The next three weeks were a whirlwind as everything fell into place almost quicker than we could accommodate. And this is where I owe an apology to many of you. We didn't say goodbye to hardly anyone. Please forgive me.

I have never been good at goodbye--I prefer see you later--because you will. It was hard to face anyone and say we were leaving without becoming a blubbering basket case, so I waited til the last minute to tell anyone. Then to top it off, we had to come up here to quickly find a place to live and were soon informed we had three days to run home, pack it all up, and be back here. 

I want all my Georgia family to know how much we love you. Nine years ago, I didn't want to move to Georgia. Now here we are, leaving Home behind. We love our home sweet Georgia. We appreciate all of you-- your friendship, your service, your love, and most of all for just being the best southern rednecks around!!

Til we meet again. (and we will visit soon)
Love the Peacock Family

No comments: