Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fast Pass


I'm certain there is a line in heaven--probably a single file, sign in here, get your picture taken with St. Peter at the Pearly Gates sort of line.

AND--I'm certain the line is long- come on, this is Heaven--everybody wants in. One other thing I'm certain of, is that there are select individuals that get a "fast pass" to the front of the line. No waiting, here you go, you won the "get out of line free today" card.

Wanna know who gets one??

It's those people that let you in front of them in the line of traffic- full of insanely rude individuals trying to get home from work 30 seconds earlier. The ones that let you go ahead at the grocery store when your hands are full of crying kids and crap you're buying for them. And let us not forget those people at the amusement park who let you on the ride to spare everyone else from your screaming brat.

I aspire to be one of them. Sometimes it seems easy, and other times (when I'm feeling selfish) very, very hard. So remember, when you want a "fast pass" to Heaven, it's not the Goody Two-Shoes who gets them--or at least that's what I'd like to think!

No comments: