Tuesday, March 31, 2009

We wear clothes?

We started a new program with our kids today, called Accountable Kids. I was put onto it by a friend (thanks Jaime) and felt like it would be a good fit for us. Anyway, the program focuses on kids being accountable for themselves, etc. etc. I won't go into the details because this post is about clothes? Yes, clothes-- I know I make no sense but stick with me here- eventually you learn to follow my sideways train of thought!

Ethan now has morning chores, one of which is getting dressed. Look back at some of my pictures-- Ethan hardly ever wears "clothes" unless we are away from the house, and upon our return, the first order of business is to get the blasted clothes off and settle into the comforting pleasure of his excessive collection of pajamas-- usually multiple pairs a day.

So this morning when I announced his next chore was to get dressed, he shot back with a blank stare. "In clothes?" he questioned. "Where are we going?" I informed him we are not going anywhere, but getting dressed every morning was now one of his chores. "But I don't like getting dressed." Of course he doesn't, and why should he? Mom is always wearing her pajamas. Yes, it's true, and I occasionally don them at the grocery store too.
But.....his ticket was at stake, so eventually he bucked up and put the clothes on. Miracles never cease! Ill report back if he actually wears them until bedtime. My guess is 'til 2pm?!
Ethan wearing his clothes on our NEW couch! (that's another post for another day!)

4 comments:

AMiller said...

Yes, getting dressed. Such a chore. What is this tickets thing? I think maybe I could use it at my house.

Jaime said...

good luck! an nice couch.

Wendy said...

Ha ha! Kaydee lives in her pjs too. ;)

AZ Larsens said...

Hey remember us? Found your blog from the Hulses and Baileys. I read it awhile ago and thought I commented but now I can't be sure. Yup, that's what happens after 3 kids, I'm sure you know what I mean!

Anyway, I'm going to look into this Accountable Kids thing. Can you email me more about it? My boys are driving me insane. Seriously insane.
clarsen27@gmail.com
- Christy