Monday, March 29, 2010

Scrawny Runt

I have said before that, in another life, when I am a person who can sew, and have time to be an entrepreneur, I am going to create a clothing line for tiny kids.(biggest run- on sentence ever) The line would be called "Scrawny Runt" and the catch phrase-- "for kids with two cheeks the size of one."

Yeah, I know-- that's why it's an idea in theory only!

Well, I had to expand on my clothing line once again this weekend. You see, Scrawny Runt aka. Ava, needed some underpants. I shopped, and shopped, and shopped until every Children's store in the Atlanta area knew me by name when I walked in the door. You want to know what I found? Nothing--nothing that fit anyway. I now have a collection of underpants, and not a one of them will stay on her bum.
I even tried to get a picture of my plight, but hard as I tried, I could not get a picture of the underpants actually on her...

only on the floor.

So....I was forced to do the unthinkable. I had to get out that awful sewing machine again and get to work. I found a lovely little pattern online- shrunk it down, and in the end, I think I found success! 


I was pretty proud of my creations, and grateful to have something she can wear until she grows into the stash I bought for her.


She seemed to like them too!


And now, I can't get her to wear any clothes.

Accessories, yes. Clothing? No.



She put this ensemble together herself...and strutted out the front door like that when I went to get the mail.

4 comments:

Bobbi said...

Those are incredibly cute, and she is too! You could always sew the seams in of all the underwear until she grows into them. . that is what i do with my girls clothes when they don't fit ( like halloween costumes etc. not all their clothing, I am not that insane!) Who knew that there was even a pattern for little girl underwear!!? I can't imagine how tiny she is, the first underwear my girls put on seemed HUGE, but never fell off like that!

AMiller said...

Wow - good job on the undies!

I like the name Scrawny Runt. I know a lot of people in the same predicament. I bet you could make a killing. My son was somewhat normal size and he still learned to run holding onto the back of his pants so that they didn't fall down. You really should look into this.

Jessica said...

So Cute! I want to meet this little lady and give her snuggles. The undies turned out very well. .. I'm impressed.

I think that I might need to start an alternate clothing line that takes things in the opposite direction. My problem is not finding clothes that are small enough, but rather big enough to cover my little chub-chub.


Keep up the good work!

Jaime said...

wow, i'm way impressed, don't think i could do that, very cute!