Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dread

Just today, I've received two e-mails from the elementary school. It's coming...and it's coming quickly...and I want to cry. I know I'm in a minority, but I really dread my kids going back to school. Maybe it's because I don't have many friends, my family lives so far away, and I rarely see Colonel Mustard excepts to kiss him goodbye in the morning and goodnight when he lays his head on the pillow. I'm very attached to my little monkeys--and our summer together has been far too short.

I will miss them sleeping in 'til 8 or 9. I will miss the silly little games they play. I will miss them spending the day in their jammies, and changing only when they need to put on clean jammies for bed! I will miss the swimming, and the movies, and the late night "slumber snuggle parties" in my bed. And strangely enough, I will miss the crazy, hectic, pull my hair out shopping trips with three kids.

I may not be the world's greatest mother, but I don't think it's possible for anyone to love these kids like I do...or miss them like I will. 



....but Andrew just walked in the back door and yelled at me....I may be having second thoughts?

1 comment:

AMiller said...

I am going back and forth on this whole school thing. At least I will be able to spend some more dedicated time with my third child. I feel like she has been neglected. Oh well. Enjoy the next month.